2 Day Reef, Daintree Rainforest & Aboriginal Culture tour – Passions of Paradise
- Duration : 2 Days (approx.)
- Product code : 2DPkgPoP
Combine the absolute best that our region has to offer, The Great Barrier Reef, Daintree Rainforest & Aboriginal Culture, over 2 unique days.
Passions of Paradise departs Daily except New Years Day
Daintree Dreaming Day Tour departs each Monday, Wednesday, Friday & Sunday
PASSIONS OF PARADISE Dive, snorkel and sail the Great Barrier Reef with Passions of Paradise, an award-winning, eco-accredited local operator.
Passions sail to two unique outer reef locations with a choice of 24 private moorings. Each day we will select the site best suited to the weather conditions to give our guests the best possible experience.
Passions of Paradise operates daily from Cairns departing at 8 am and arriving back at around 5 pm.
- A stylish, fast and modern catamaran, taking you to the best reefs
- Great crew
- Air conditioned saloon
- A dedicated snorkeling instructor and FREE tuition for those who want to learn to snorkel
- A tropical buffet lunch of hot and cold dishes including prawns and fresh tropical fruit. Our lunch is fresh, chef prepared on the boat, and tasty.
- Highest quality masks, snorkels, fins and scuba diving equipment.
- Two unique Reef destinations
- Free floatation vests to aid non swimmers
- Free guided snorkel tour
- Morning tea which includes fresh brewed coffee and muffins
- Cheese platter for afternoon tea
- An on-board marine naturalist presentation on coral and bird life
- 10 minute FREE SCUBA diving demonstration
- High caliber sailing. Passions of Paradise will always find time to turn their engines off and do some genuine sailing on the way home to Cairns.
- Staff trained to Advanced ECO Certification Standard
- Reef Levy included
Accommodation Return Transfers $18.00 City or $25.00 Northern Beaches
- Introductory and certified scuba diving $70.00
- Wetsuits and stinger -sun suits $8.00
- Underwater digital camera hire
- Prescription masks (be sure to let our office know in advance, so we can match your needs) $10.00
- T-shirts, assorted quality beers, wine and soft drinks.
DAINTREE DREAMING DAY TOUR Includes
- Return Hotel transfers from Cairns or Port Douglas
- 2 hour coastal & mangrove walk learning to identify and catch land and sea bush tucker with Kuku Yalanji Cultural Habitat Tours
- Eat your catch of the day with homemade morning and or afternoon tea
- Welcome to Country Ceremony - Mossman Gorge
- Guided interpretive tour through the rainforest of Mossman Gorge
- Lunch at the Mossman Gorge Centre
- Please note tour may be in reverse due to tide times along the beach
Pick up from your chosen accommodation
2 hour coastal and mangrove walk with Kuku Yalanji Cultural Habitat Tours.
Travel to Cooya Beach north of Port Douglas and meet with the Kubirri warra brothers who follow the traditions of their ancestors. This special place is a traditional fishing ground of the Kuku Yalanji. This unique coastal place has three diverse ecosystems – beach, mangroves and coastal reef – that are connected to each other by the every changing mud-flats and tidal lagoons. The brothers teach their guests how to throw a spear and demonstrate how to search and hunt for fish, mud crabs and mussels. Learn about bush tucker and medicines before enjoying home made damper on the balcony of the family home and taste your catch of the day.
Welcome to Country Ceremony at Mossman Gorge:
You are welcomed with a traditional ‘smoking’ ceremony. This ceremony is conducted by Aboriginal people with specialised cultural knowledge to welcome people to their land. It is a ceremony of spiritual cleansing, to ward off evil spirits and to ensure that while you are on the traditional land of Kuku Yalanji people, you are accepted and honoured.
Mossman Gorge Centre -Lunch is included at the Mayi Cafe. The specially designed menu featuring predominantly locally sourced produce infused with Indigenous bush ingredients.
Guided interpretive tour through the rainforest of Mossman Gorge.
Nestled in the World Heritage Listed Daintree Rainforest, Mossman Gorge contains the oldest, continuously surviving rainforest on earth. Experience this pristine natural wonder, with a guided rainforest walk with Adventure North's qualified guide who will unlock the secrets of this fascinating ecosystem. You will see strange primitive plants and there is time for a swim in this magical rainforest environment, so don’t forget your swimmers.
Optional Extra - A "must do" for every visitor to Mossman Gorge are the Ngadiku Dreamtime Walks, conducted by the local Indigenous guides. Ngadiku (Nar-di-gul) means stories and legends from a long time ago in local Kuku Yalanji language. The walks take visitors on a journey along private, gentle tracks, visiting special places and culturally significant sites, past traditional bark shelters and over meandering cool rainforest streams.
This is an excellent tour for people of all ages, you just need an adventurous spirit
**Please note: tour can operate in reverse due to tide times at Cooya Beach