2 Day Reef, Daintree Rainforest & Culture tour – featuring Ocean Freedom
- Duration : 2 Days (approx.)
- Product code : 2DPkgOF
Experience The Great Barrier Reef, Daintree Rainforest & Aboriginal Culture, over 2 unique days.
Day 1 is with our partner Ocean Freedom (from Cairns) and Day 2 is on our Daintree Dreaming Day Tour.
OCEAN FREEDOM DEPARTS Daily
• Danish pastry, fresh fruit upon boarding & tea and coffee
• Tea and coffee served all day
• Large buffet lunch with smoked salmon and prawns
• 2 reef destinations on the day
• Glass bottom boat tour
• Adventure drift snorkelling tour with Marine Naturalist
• Snorkelling tuition
• lycra suits & flotation devices
• 6 full hours on the Great Barrier Reef
• Fish feeding
• Fresh water showers
• Platters of tropical fuit, cheese & crackers and assorted cakes served on the cruise home
Reef Tax (EMC) is included
Return coach transfers from Cairns Hotels $14.00 per person and $21.00 Northern Beaches
Ocean Freedom check in at the Reef Fleet Terminal, Marlin Marina from 7.15am should you wish to make your own way and not include transfers
DAINTREE DREAMING DEPARTS Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday
DAINTREE DREAMING Day Tour Includes
- Return Hotel transfers from Cairns or Port Douglas
- 2 hour coastal & mangrove walk learning to identify and catch land and sea bush tucker with Kuku Yalanji Cultural Habitat Tours
- Eat your catch of the day with homemade morning and or afternoon tea
- Welcome to Country Ceremony - Mossman Gorge
- Guided interpretive tour through the rainforest of Mossman Gorge
- Lunch at the Mossman Gorge Centre
- Please note tour may be in reverse due to tide times along the beach
Pick up from your chosen accommodation
2 hour coastal and mangrove walk with Kuku Yalanji Cultural Habitat Tours.
Travel to Cooya Beach north of Port Douglas and meet with the Kubirri warra brothers who follow the traditions of their ancestors. This special place is a traditional fishing ground of the Kuku Yalanji. This unique coastal place has three diverse ecosystems – beach, mangroves and coastal reef – that are connected to each other by the every changing mud-flats and tidal lagoons. The brothers teach their guests how to throw a spear and demonstrate how to search and hunt for fish, mud crabs and mussels. Learn about bush tucker and medicines before enjoying home made damper on the balcony of the family home and taste your catch of the day.
Welcome to Country Ceremony at Mossman Gorge:
You are welcomed with a traditional ‘smoking’ ceremony. This ceremony is conducted by Aboriginal people with specialised cultural knowledge to welcome people to their land. It is a ceremony of spiritual cleansing, to ward off evil spirits and to ensure that while you are on the traditional land of Kuku Yalanji people, you are accepted and honoured.
Mossman Gorge Centre -Lunch is included at the Mayi Cafe. The specially designed menu featuring predominantly locally sourced produce infused with Indigenous bush ingredients.
Guided interpretive tour through the rainforest of Mossman Gorge.
Nestled in the World Heritage Listed Daintree Rainforest, Mossman Gorge contains the oldest, continuously surviving rainforest on earth. Experience this pristine natural wonder, with a guided rainforest walk with Adventure North's qualified guide who will unlock the secrets of this fascinating ecosystem. You will see strange primitive plants and there is time for a swim in this magical rainforest environment, so don’t forget your swimmers.
Optional Extra - A "must do" for every visitor to Mossman Gorge are the Ngadiku Dreamtime Walks, conducted by the local Indigenous guides. Ngadiku (Nar-di-gul) means stories and legends from a long time ago in local Kuku Yalanji language. The walks take visitors on a journey along private, gentle tracks, visiting special places and culturally significant sites, past traditional bark shelters and over meandering cool rainforest streams.
This is an excellent tour for people of all ages, you just need an adventurous spirit
**Please note: tour can operate in reverse due to tide times at Cooya Beach