2 Day Reef – Frankland Islands River & Reef Cruise, Rainforest & Culture Tour from Cairns
- Duration: 2 Days (approx.)
- Location: Cairns, QLD
- Product code: FRANKISDream
This day is an all inclusive river cruise, reef and island experience travelling on the only commercial operator allowed to visit the totally uninhibited Franklin island. Normanby Island is a National Park, part coral cay continental island with a healthy and vibrant surrounding coral reef community. You can literally snorkel straight off the beach, with a vast array of tropical fish and the opportunity to swim along side sea turtles. With the shortest open water crossing you are there and home again in perfect timing.
- Enjoy the drive past rainforest clad mountain ranges and open fields of sugar cane
- Tour includes a river cruise, reef and island experience
- Maximum of 100 people
- Staff to customer ratio is an average of 8:1
- Take in the scenery on the 30 min Mulgrave River cruise with Commentary
- Use of Snorkelling Equipment, Including Tuition
- Protection suits are available free of charge
- Enjoy a refreshing lunch in the shade behind the beach
- Morning & Afternoon Tea served on the boat
- Guided Snorkelling Tour (depends on swimming ability)
- Guided Semi Submersible or Glass Bottom Boat Tour
- Guided Island Walk with Rock Pool Discovery Tour
- Expert marine biologist onhand to explain the Frankland Island's unique eco system
- Optional activities include introductory and certified diving
- Prescription Masks and wet suits available for hire
- See if you can spot a crocodile on the return cruise up the Mulgrave River
- Cairns & Northern Beaches return coach Transfers available
What to bring: Your camera. Swim suit and beach towel. Hat, sunscreen and other sun protection. Cash for drinks at the bar, credit cards for shopping and optional tours.
Daintree Dreaming Day Tour: Departs Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Fridays
Your day includes:
Complimentary hotel transfers from Cairns, Northern Beaches and Port Douglas
2 hour coastal and mangrove walk with Kuku Yalanji Cultural Habitat Tours.
Travel to Cooya Beach north of Port Douglas and meet with the Kubirri Warra brothers who follow the traditions of their ancestors. This special place is a traditional fishing ground of the Kuku Yalanji. This unique coastal place has three diverse ecosystems – beach, mangroves and coastal reef – that are connected to each other by the every changing mud-flats and tidal lagoons. The brothers teach their guests how to throw a spear and demonstrate how to search and hunt for fish, mud crabs and mussels. Learn about bush tucker and medicines before enjoying home made damper on the balcony of the family home and taste your catch of the day.
Welcome to Country Ceremony at Mossman Gorge:
You are welcomed with a traditional ‘smoking’ ceremony. This ceremony is conducted by Aboriginal people with specialised cultural knowledge to welcome people to their land. It is a ceremony of spiritual cleansing, to ward off evil spirits and to ensure that while you are on the traditional land of Kuku Yalanji people, you are accepted and honoured.
Mossman Gorge Centre -Lunch is included at the Mayi Cafe. The specially designed menu featuring predominantly locally sourced produce infused with Indigenous bush ingredients.
Guided interpretive Rainforest tour at Mossman Gorge.
Nestled in the World Heritage Listed Daintree Rainforest, Mossman Gorge contains the oldest, continuously surviving rainforest on earth. Experience this pristine natural wonder, with a guided rainforest walk with Adventure North's qualified guide who will unlock the secrets of this fascinating ecosystem. You will see strange primitive plants and there is time for a swim in this magical rainforest environment, so don’t forget your swimmers.
This is an excellent tour for people of all ages, you just need an adventurous spirit
**Please note: tour can operate in reverse due to tide times at Cooya Beach