2 Day Reef, Daintree Rainforest & Culture tour – Quicksilver Agincourt Outer Reef
- Duration : 2 Days (approx.)
- Product code : 2DPkgQSOR
- Return Wavepiercer cruise from Port Douglas to our exclusive activity platform on Agincourt Reef.
- Morning and afternoon teas on board
- 3 1/2 hours at Agincourt Reef Activity Platform
- Reef presentation by marine biologist
- Hot and cold tropical smorgasbord lunch with seafood
- All snorkelling equipment and instructions provided
- Buoyancy vests and flotation noodles
- Qualified lifeguard on hand
- Underwater observatory fish & coral viewing
- Coral viewing by semi-submersible vessels. Cruise as often as you like.
- Fish feeding conducted by our crew
The modern and spacious activity platform is the largest on the Great Barrier Reef, providing the best experience in all weather conditions while ensure a comfortable and personal day.
Your journey is as important as your destination, travelling in safety and air-conditioned comfort. Fast and luxurious, the spacious and technologically advanced wave piercer ensures the smoothest journey.
Only Quicksilver takes you to a reef activity platform where you can fully experience this most pristine ecosystems at the renowned Agincourt ribbon reef.
The team of fully qualified marine biologists are available though out the day to answer your questions and to help you gain an appreciation of the is living natural wonder.
What to bring:
Swimming costume and beach towel
Hat, sunscreen and shirt for sun protection
Cash for drinks at the bar
Credit cards for shopping and optional tours
Underwater cameras available for purchase, underwater digital cameras available to hire. Professional photo service available on board
Lycra suits available for hire.
Daintree Dreaming Day Tour departs Cairns and Port Douglas Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday
- Return Hotel transfers from Cairns or Port Douglas
- 2 hour coastal & mangrove walk learning to identify and catch land and sea bush tucker with Kuku Yalanji Cultural Habitat Tours
- Eat your catch of the day with homemade morning and or afternoon tea
- Welcome to Country Ceremony - Mossman Gorge
- Guided interpretive tour through the rainforest of Mossman Gorge
- Lunch at the Mossman Gorge Centre
- Please note tour may be in reverse due to tide times along the beach
Pick up from your chosen accommodation
2 hour coastal and mangrove walk with Kuku Yalanji Cultural Habitat Tours.
Travel to Cooya Beach north of Port Douglas and meet with the Kubirri warra brothers who follow the traditions of their ancestors. This special place is a traditional fishing ground of the Kuku Yalanji. This unique coastal place has three diverse ecosystems – beach, mangroves and coastal reef – that are connected to each other by the every changing mud-flats and tidal lagoons. The brothers teach their guests how to throw a spear and demonstrate how to search and hunt for fish, mud crabs and mussels. Learn about bush tucker and medicines before enjoying home made damper on the balcony of the family home and taste your catch of the day.
Welcome to Country Ceremony at Mossman Gorge:
You are welcomed with a traditional ‘smoking’ ceremony. This ceremony is conducted by Aboriginal people with specialised cultural knowledge to welcome people to their land. It is a ceremony of spiritual cleansing, to ward off evil spirits and to ensure that while you are on the traditional land of Kuku Yalanji people, you are accepted and honoured.
Mossman Gorge Centre -Lunch is included at the Mayi Cafe. The specially designed menu featuring predominantly locally sourced produce infused with Indigenous bush ingredients.
Guided interpretive tour through the rainforest of Mossman Gorge.
Nestled in the World Heritage Listed Daintree Rainforest, Mossman Gorge contains the oldest, continuously surviving rainforest on earth. Experience this pristine natural wonder, with a guided rainforest walk with Adventure North's qualified guide who will unlock the secrets of this fascinating ecosystem. You will see strange primitive plants and there is time for a swim in this magical rainforest environment, so don’t forget your swimmers.
Optional Extra - A "must do" for every visitor to Mossman Gorge are the Ngadiku Dreamtime Walks, conducted by the local Indigenous guides. Ngadiku (Nar-di-gul) means stories and legends from a long time ago in local Kuku Yalanji language. The walks take visitors on a journey along private, gentle tracks, visiting special places and culturally significant sites, past traditional bark shelters and over meandering cool rainforest streams.
This is an excellent tour for people of all ages, you just need an adventurous spirit
**Please note: tour can operate in reverse due to tide times at Cooya Beach